Ancient Art - Royal Museum of Antiquities (Leiden) (Open)

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Kresimir

Post by Kresimir » 11-12-2018 11:10

Luxuria seeks to not make any direct eye contact but when she does she offers nothing but a well practiced smile that explains her position in comparison to the two other people in the room. She remains still as a statue allowing her person to look more like a perfect doll than an actual person. Only the slow heaving of her breast and a twitch in her right hand to betray her real nature.

"Both are equally fine with me. Depending on the situation and your wishes with regards to the museum I am sure we can come to an arrangement that will satisfy the taste of the truly interested and those that are here just to pretend to be intellectually gifted on the level of ancient remembrance." Kresimir moves over to her desk, standing just a little further away to keep a respective distance as he gazes throughout the rest of the room. His emerald eyes scanning with a hint of eagerness and curiosity. "Such is, of course, an equally beneficial gathering. What I would propose is to separate the common folk from those that have a noticeable impact on the world. Make a public showing and a benefactor gala on the side. With the latter showing the truly unique pieces."

The Slavic man motions a finger to Luxuria as to beckon her over. "Luxuria. Dear. Please provide me with the tablet to show Mrs. van Beek the antiquities that we have in Kiev." Without hesitation the lady had already conjured the device and started up the application showing the collection available in the Kiev storage owned by Kresimir. With a few quick steps she handed it over to Kresimir who immediately passed it through to the lady. "Please. Take a look for an impression if you will."

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 11-12-2018 16:36

Diana listens with interest and when Kresimir hands her the tablet. She leans back in the chair and first smiles
"Please sit"
Her smile changes and she look mysterious for a moment "Of course to your left there is a very charming piece out of the tomb of Hatshepsut. It is said to be a looking glass to see hidden words in between the hieroglyphs. Only the worthy mages would be allowed to look through it"

Her attention shifts to the tablet and she makes sounds of being impressed and pleased at the same time.
"Oh I do like the way you think Mister Voronin, It would be an honour to set up such a event. Would you need any assistance in getting your art to Leiden?
I assume that you have your own keepers that will be traveling along. What kind of accommodation would they be needing?"

It is clear that she is very enthousiastic about the option of seeing this art in real life. Will going through the pictures she stops at one that just draws her eyes in.
"Oh yes, this one will draw in the crowds."
Her eyes look at him "Would you want people to know that you are the one providing the art or do you want to keep that information more privat? I think there might be a lot of students who would be interested to come if we use the publicity in the right way. And ofcourse some ladies of wealth"
She stands up from behind the desk and holds the tablet out to Kresimir & Luxuria with a prime piece showing.
Everything happens for a reason

Kresimir

Post by Kresimir » 12-12-2018 10:01

He sits, cradles his hands on his lap, and watches the woman speak. Giving her a timely nod and grunt from time to time to indicate his attention and adherence to her words. A frequent smile keeps on returning to his lips as her enthusiasm about the art and the prospect of the possible exhibitions invigorates him in return.. As much as that is possible with his state of being. The Slavic man answers diligently in between the questions to satisfy her mind and potentially spark new.

"Such prime pieces like the 'Looking Glass of Hatshesput' are, of course, the more intriguing examples of ancient history recovered and maintained and I believe we should definitely seek to keep such a treat for those worthy." He smiles and humbles the thought for a moment as he glances around and allows his gaze to fall upon the earlier mentioned artifact. "It would pair well with the-.. Yes. That one." The man states when she offers him back the tablet showing the relic he was about to point out. It being a sculpture of a more sinister nature as it stood tall with more than the normal amount of limbs attached and a crooked sense of disfigurement explaining the true nature of the human nature. The material combination being one of stone, bone and dark wood. "An eccentric piece for the time it was made in. But it was made in both a mocking and reference to the warlord ruling that day and age."

The man did not move an inch on the chair he was sat in as he spoke only to suddenly break his posture and turn the tablet back over to Luxuria who accepted it and hid it from sight once more. "The art can easily be transported from my warehouse in Kiev to here. I will have some of my employees take care of the logistics. For the actual keepers I would ask we make a mix of yours and mine to cooperate on the entirety of the services. My keepers would prefer a hotel or hostel nearby. It being easier on the actual distance of approach. They are aware that I prefer to have their eyes on the pieces all the time but such is not humanly possible."

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 28-12-2018 22:31

Diana nods happily
"Ofcourse, your people will have full acces at all time. We can use the security system with camera's. That way we always have eyes on the art."

Then her face turns more serious
"I do expect one thing of your people. I hate sloppy clothing and careless looks. They will be wearing suits and I would like it that you make time in their schedule so I can make sure
that the suits fit perfectly and their hair is properly groomed"

"Now it might be time we head back to the other guests. Do you have any more questions at this very moment?"
She opens a drawer and gets out a business card.
Everything happens for a reason

Kresimir

Post by Kresimir » 07-03-2019 07:42

The Slavic man formed a playful smile on his face as the lady stated her demands with regards to the men he'd bring in himself. As he listened to her his eyes gleamed with a sense of amusement and approval. There was no sign of hesitation or disagreement to be found as he offered his quick, curt answer. "I would not settle for anything less than suits and proper grooming. Art deserves class and quality. Not some alley way thug seeking to intimidate the public." He extended his arm to receive the coming business card, putting it away into one of the pockets on the inside of his suit. "Quite so, Mrs van Beek. No further questions however." As he rose from his chair he offers her a brief inclination of the upper half of his body in a polite yet royal fashion. "I believe I have a few more exhibits to visit before the night is through."