2019-05 : Sunshine

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Fleur
Site Admin

Re: 2019-05 : Sunshine

Post by Fleur » 28-07-2019 13:40

Fleur breathes in deep, staying calm is the most important thing right now.
He first claw closes around her wrist as the second lays on her elbow.
"Vid" a warning is heard in her voice as she doesnt cooperate with moving her arm to his face.

Her other hand she lifts up to Thomas, her thumb up. The easiest way she could think of to tell him it is all still okay.....ish
Everything happens for a reason

Thomas Parker

Post by Thomas Parker » 28-07-2019 13:48

The thumbs-up didn't fully assure him, but he needed to tread carefully. Fleur knew Vid way better than he did and he should leave handling him to the expert. His hand had dipped down into his pocket though, ever so carefully, hand on his phone and ready to dial.

The claws on his other hand were appearing now, little tops of his catlike nails pointing out between his joints. It hurt and a tiny trickle of blood dripped down from the puncture wounds down his fingertips. He didn't even notice, that was how focussed he was on what was happening in front of him.

Vid

Post by Vid » 28-07-2019 14:01

She resists. He could growl and claim, but she's familiar. He sniffs, reaches out so he can lick her fingers. Yes: his cub, his snack, his. He pulls again, liking this game, ready to bite her now, ready to settle for a playful drink.

He stops. Stands up. Tries to stand up, fails, rakes through the rope at his legs... Moves to stand up for real now, and push Fleur aside.

Underneath the skin, Vid screams, as a new gulf tries to drown him.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 28-07-2019 14:32

He licks her fingers and slowly she is preparing her mind, the moment he bites she will do it and hopefully let him snap out of this.
Then he tries to get up, letting one claw go to cut himself loose.
The push she didn’t see coming at all, but somehow the training she had with him kicks in. Stay close and keep contact. The hand that was first grabbing her is now grabbing him.

Why does he all the sudden want to get to Thomas?

“Thomas what are you doing?!” she shouts to him. She is doing her utmost best to stay in between Vid & her brother. Then she smells blood, normal vampiric blood. But a smell she doesn’t know yet.
“Who is bleeding!?”

She doesn't turn around to look if it is Thomas or maybe someone else. Her eyes locked onto Vid's face.

Thomas Parker

Post by Thomas Parker » 28-07-2019 23:26

The atmosphere changes within seconds, predator eyes locked on his face. He hadn't even noticed the claws had pierced his skin and now it was too late. He knew that look. He had seen it too many times before.

It's dark in the cave and therefore you can't see the bars. But everyone knows they are there. The bars. The bars have been closed with the promise that only one can actually come out. Seven young men and a woman stare at each other, yellow eyes piercing through the veil of despair and the smell of filth. But above all, the smell of blood. The smell of food. The smell of life. Hearts beating, pumping sound into the air as if to rile on the young fledglings. They have been staring for hours now, none of them willing to make the first move.

A flicker of light hits the upper rim of the ceiling. A shade of rose, just touching the sand. Everyone sees it and for a moment, time stands still. It is almost there, the sun. The end. And then chaos commences.

He doesn't fully register what happens as he tears through flesh, not seeing his comrades anymore. Just enemies. Just threats. Just food. The violence is all-engulfing and unforgiving.

When finally it is silent the morning sun almost shows itself. Almost touches what remains of six young men and one woman, although the distinction between the bodies is hard to make now. A hand on his shoulders leads him away. 'Laqad fazat al-Halim'. And then the world is black again.

His claws rip out of his skin with full might now, eyes swimming with touches of yellow, ready for the confrontation. There isn't much of Thomas in his face anymore.

"Fleur. Get out."

Vid

Post by Vid » 29-07-2019 00:03

He doesn't want to fight. Vid believes in peace, in forgiveness, and new beginnings. Violence is never the best solution.

The surprise is gone. He has smelled. He has tasted. The shock that brought out these dark instincts has dulled. He'd almost wrested control back, when that smell again filled his nostrils. But he knows it now. It's a matter of willpower. It's the last stretch.

Fleur keeps hold of him, not giving up either. He needs that support, leaning on her shoulder. Wait. You don't want to scratch her.

Muscles trembling, his fingers start to transition back to normal, slowly, that not being his focus. Feet move on, towards Thomas, not really listening yet. His eyes are closed; he moves on touch and smell and whatever.

But he knows this smell. Why does he know it? It's completely different from anything he's smelled before, but there's one similarity to -

Vid falls to his knees, breathing raggedly.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 29-07-2019 00:14

He tells her to get out, she only shakes her head. She cant leave them. Not now.

Vid falls to his knees and Fleur immediatly turns towards Thomas. He can see the fear in her eyes but still she takes one step towards him. Offering him both of her open hands. Hoping that this will calm him down

Thomas Parker

Post by Thomas Parker » 29-07-2019 09:43

He was pinned to the ground, stuck between a stack of chairs and the wall. Normally he would’ve been strong enough to wrestle his way out, he wouldn’t even have to try hard. But Dusza has got him in an iron grip, weight pressing down on him and the numbing sensation of her teeth in his neck make him utterly unable to move.

Freightened eyes look over her shoulder. Johan is in shock, obviously too scared to stop his fellow Gangrel. Please don’t let me die Groot, please! His eyes are begging the other vampire to do something. Anything. But with every hungry snarl Dusza drains him further until he feels the light leaving his eyes, there’s no use fighting against this horrendous feeling of helplessness, of being violated. Of being raped. And then, fínally, he passes out.

Thomas hears himself growl, a low rumble escaping his throat as he warns both of the other Kindred not to come one inch closer. With Vid on his knees the immediate threat is gone and the yellow leaves his eyes. For a moment he seems to hesitate, actually wanting to go to those outstretched arms.

But his instinct to get away wins, as he turns around and walks into the kitchen. Out of view.

Vid

Post by Vid » 29-07-2019 09:54

"I'm back," he voices, weakened, weary. He draws a deep breath. The mental struggle sapped his willpower, and he feels drained on so many levels. But he found it. A key. Some understanding. He needs to tell Thomas.

Dropping first to hands and knees, then rolling over to lie on his back so he can face Fleur (sweet, kind Fleur, who helped him as always!), he requests, "please go to him. And ask him not to heal. I need to.. test something."

It's Vid again. His irises are vibrant green, and his expression bright though tired. His fingers make that craved for sign: 'everything's alright'.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 29-07-2019 10:51

He walks into the kitchen again and she can hear how he trying the clean of the tomato juice from his shirt.
She sighs, the look in his eye. It will be a long day...

She lets him be for a few seconds but when the sounds change from cleaning to banging she gets up. Puts the plates on top of each other and puts a cloth over the still warm breads. The juice is still dripping onto the ground, but for now that doesn't matter.
A very hard bang and a muffled scream, he is hurting himself.

She walks to the kitchen and Laurens is hitting the wall next to the refrigerator.
"Sweetheart what do you see?"
Fleur softly touches his shoulder, knowing he will push her away first. and then he does, he pushes her hard and she stands against the wall.
Then he sinks to the floor crying, now she can carefully wrap her arms around him, pulling him against her chest, humming a song and waiting for the frantic crying stops. Holding his hands to make sure he doesn't hurt himself again

For a few seconds she just stands there, looking how Thomas is walking to the kitchen. Afraid that a sound of something breaking will appear.
She was ready to take a step when Vid says something, she turns towards him and then simply nods. Now really walking to the kitchen.

"Thomas" her voice is so calm. "What can I do for you?" Her hands are still open to him.
She so desperately wants to help him.