2019-05 : Sunshine

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Thomas Parker

Re: 2019-05 : Sunshine

Post by Thomas Parker » 29-07-2019 11:17

As soon as he is near the sink he opens the tap and vigorously washes his hands. The claws retracted the moment he crossed the threshold, not needed anymore now there was no immediate threat. The cuts in between his knuckles slowly melt together again into neat skin. He shivers. That was close. Too close.
Tr
As Fleur enters the kitchen he turns towards her, the yellow already left his eyes and there was nothing malicious in them anymore. Just a tiny bit of sadness.

“Hey, nothing, I think. Is Vid okay?” He doesn’t walk into her arms just yet, keeping a safe distance.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 29-07-2019 11:41

She takes a towel that hangs against the wall and walks towards him. If he lets her, she dries his hands with such love.
"Vid is fine, he has another plan already"

He can see in her eyes that she is not very keen on experimenting at this very moment.
Of course all went well and it could have gone much worse. But Vid got loose and the guilt that is building inside her is becoming almost too much.
"I am sorry I thought he was tied up pretty well"
Everything happens for a reason

Vid

Post by Vid » 29-07-2019 12:32

The floor is hard underneath his shoulder blades, the cool and solid wood grounding him. What does it all mean?

He remembers, guessing after Ania's perfume, even through her skin. He recognised it eventually. Kin, though far removed. The power of life, to restore everything. Oh, how that temptation scared him.

He remembers, the one time wassail hit him so hard he killed for sustenance. Never again, he promised himself, his best friend's heartbeat fading underneath his fingertips. Never is a big promise, but one he'll do most everything to keep, refusing to be a monster. Refusing to take without consent. He shivers.

He remembers, the wall before him, danger behind. Utterly powerless. Preconceptions failing, no tools available to do anything about the situation. It's like that, really, trapped in this dead skin nightmare. No defenses, just the desire not to become the nightmare himself.

So what does it all mean?

Both alive and dead, if he's right. That little swallow dances inside him, a strange energy at his fingertips, but an energy he thinks he can use. Can it be true? That paradox would scatter many puzzle pieces of his worldview...

Should he tell Thomas? No, the time for big secrets is not now - too much can be lost. But pieces can be shared, to learn whether he can be taught. To learn whether he can teach. 'the greatest knowledge is to know that we don't know anything.'

And how much of a fool he's been to think the beast can be chained, by anything but his own will! He'd lived in the illusion that her was stronger. He'll need to return to the smithy, and forge his will in iron.

He breathes, enjoying that mortal habit, hoping for them to dare to return.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Thomas Parker

Post by Thomas Parker » 29-07-2019 13:12

Thomas shies away as soon as she comes near her with a towel. A second later he regrets the move but still, at this moment he just doesn't want to be touched. By anyone.

"Not your fault Fleur, really. This was just a dumb idea and I shouldn't have agreed to it."

For a moment he hesitates.

"Could you check on Vid, maybe feed him or something?" He hands Fleur a bottle from the fridge that is filled with red liquid, unmistakeably blood.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 29-07-2019 15:50

Fleur stops moving towards him and smiles reassuring.
everything is good and everything will be fine

"Lets talk with the three of us. I still think this was an important thing to find out.
For me I now know that your blood smells the same or atleast doesn't have a diffrent effect on me"

She takes the blood from him and puts it on the counter "If it is okay for you. I would like to stay with you until you are ready to go back"

The little sprite comes flying into the kitchen and lands on Fleurs head.

Thomas Parker

Post by Thomas Parker » 29-07-2019 18:59

After a little hesitation Thomas nods.

"Okay, we can talk." He starts walking towards the door before he freezes in place.

"Your blood smells the same? What?" Blue eyes are completely fixed on Fleur now, astonishment all over his face as he takes her in for a second time.
"But how.. why didn't Dusza try to tear you to shreds then? I mean, you had that weird love triangle thing going on between you three in Hungary, don't say it's not true because I know it is. You were very vocal."

For a moment he seems to hesitate and then he walks towards Fleur, putting his hand on her shoulder and pulling the sleeve of his sweater up. Soft golden hues slowly make their way over his skin, leaving tiny sparkles across it, as if dipped in a muted tone of golden paint.

"Holy fuck, you are Kith."

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 29-07-2019 19:18

"Well i dont know for sure if it smells the same but for me you dont smell different"
Talking about Dusza she starts to blush "Well she loved to take a nibble sometimes"

When he puts his hand on her shoulder she looks surprised even more so when he pulls up his sleeve.
His skin starts to sparkle and her mouth falls open

"Vid!!"

Vid

Post by Vid » 29-07-2019 19:46

They left quietly. Thomas seemed fine. Fleur was just butterflying and wanting help her adopted brother out. No reason for alarm, right?

Her tone of voice is not fine. She never called him like that, not when facing Sabbat, not when she helped him through that ordeal to break bonds, not even when he trapped her.

So he runs over, hands on the kitchen door frame, frantically looking around the kitchen for whatever demon who threatens his family.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Thomas Parker

Post by Thomas Parker » 29-07-2019 19:56

The moment Fleur shouts he lets go of her, the color fading slowly but steadily until there is nothing left but pale skin. Just when Vid tumbles through the doorway he pulls his sleeve down again, instinctively taking a few steps back to get some distance in between his clanmate and himself. As if to show he doesn't mean any harm though he holds his arms up in the air in a peaceful gesture.

"Okay, everyone relax."

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 29-07-2019 20:25

Fleur looks at Vid then at Thomas and then back to Vid
She opens her mouth to say something, but nothing comes out.
She points vaguely at Thomas and then to herself.

Breath in, breath out. All is fine her eyes are closed for a moment gathering her thoughts.

"Well appeantly...it is...uhm...."
Thomas is right, she needs to relax. It is just a diffrent reality nothing to worry about.
"Thomas, i dont understand. Kith are fairies right?"