2019-07 Meet and greet

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Sofia

Re: 2019-07 Meet and greet

Post by Sofia » 01-08-2019 10:02

Her eyes are sparkling, does he dares to smile at her, slightly amused about her making a point? She takes a deep breath, turns around, the basket in iron grip, dont want to stay under this circumstances. Men were all the same. Mortal or immortal, both are sometimes dickheads and neede to be reminded that they are not the upper class of excistence.

When he stops her, she snarl at him, just stopping herself from hitting him. Not that this would have hurt him, but sometimes a precise slap at a shoulder says more then thousand words. But his posture changed, so she stops herself from being a hothead as well. She couldnt see the change happening while being angry, but now her focus is clear again. His words soothes her anger, his please had done more for that then anything else could have done. She stays quit, nods, give him the opportunity to tell what is going on on his mind.

After he ends his explaination she takes a deep breath and nods and take the offer of truce. Relieve is running through her mind, words not meant like they sound and actually are they standing for the same things. Her hand is warm, her handshake firm, when she again starts to speak.
"Darling, sure i cling on humanity. What kind of music can be heard, produced, enjoyed when i am dead inside and only focused on the basic instincts? What kind of taste can be savored, when your taste buds just want one thing? What kind of sex while you have, when also this is not longer instresting? I think you get what i mean. I fight to cling on my humanity, as so much more should do it, because the mortal way of living has so much to offer. I would be such a bad monster monster!", her smile now bright

"And i still insist, that i am not naive, neither as a woman, nor as a monster."

She let go of Tanners hand, a crocked smile be seen in her face. "But thank you for this compliment. You should take some classes how to make proper compliments, that cant be misunderstood, darling. And you are not naive as well, you are just not that kind of a monster they want us to be. And i appreciate that as well.

Madame is something i will deal with on my terms. Maybe not the way you want it, but i dont want to be her little playdoll she can push around. She will learn, that i am out of society business, i dont want that, i will not do that. I will help, yes, because i dont want the church to win and i dont want people i care for in danger, but not more, nor less.

And for that list, i need to admit, that you didnt fit a puppy list, you would fit more a grown up list. So maybe i should consider that!", she says, winks at him and her normal cheerful personality fully back. She links her arm again with Tanner. "But yes, i would love to have you as a friend for the start!", her voice calm and honest, her faceimpression open and curious.

This night didnt went as expected, but that is good. They found a common ground and this makes her happy. It would have been very akward and annoying to dance around Tanner to talk with Trouble. This outcome was way better.

"So what kind of reckless thing are we going to do now, my dear?"
Life is too short to listen to bad music.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 14-08-2019 19:26

Tanner stands up a little straighter when Sofia snarls at him, but rather than drawing back- he smiles. He certainly seemed to like to prospect of a fight- not necessarily in seriousness trying to actually cause one another harm. He just liked to flirt with danger. Besides, in this case Tanner was rather certain that she was going to have a change of heart in reaction to his words- and it seemed that, for once, he managed to read a lady and a Rose correctly. Then again, she was more Brujah than the average Rose, so far.

His hand is cold when he shakes hers, but his grip is firm and steady- and his smile at least a few degrees warmer than his skin. There is something like mischief glinting in his eyes, although it seems a bit sharper than that, as he patiently listens to her explain why she clings to humanity. Something behind his smile seems to suggest he has opinions on what she says, but he keeps them to himself for now, appearing to enjoy his one-sided amusement.

“I don’t know. Naiveté as a monster isn’t that bad, is it?” he replies finally, in teasing, as their hands release again. His teeth are finally bared in a boyish grin when she suggests he needs lessons in giving compliments and he shrugs. “Sure, I’ll get right on that,” Tanner says, with a wink that clearly tells her he’ll do no such thing. He inclines his head to the side with a little more interest when she suggests she will ‘deal with Madame’, arching an eyebrow high with obvious curiosity. “I’m not asking you to do anything. Sounds like you got it well in hand, anyway…”

Tanner doesn’t ask what she means with lists of puppies and grown-ups; he thinks he can guess, so it’s a conscious choice. He’s not interested in being on anyone’s list, unless it’s of people to leave alone and not mess with, really. But for now, he simply smirks a little more dangerously as she dares link arms with him and he begins walking again, seemingly without purposeful direction.

“Friends, then,” he agrees. For now. For Trouble. He could never stop looking over his shoulder, but one more person who called themselves his ally was welcome. Tanner snorts softly when she suggests doing something reckless; of course, he loves to, but doing so with someone he doesn’t know very well is presumptuous. Then again, it’s also a good way to get to know someone.

“Amsterdam’s known for its nightlife,” he replied, with a hint of a chuckle at the double meaning for creatures of the night. “Why don’t we go see what’s hopping.”

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 14-08-2019 21:09

She likes his attitude by heart, it seems like someone turned a switch. He seem to be so much more open and welcoming then a few moments ago. And when it was for the cost of being called naive, then she will take it.

A warm feeling wells up, reasoned by his teasing, by his smile, gives her heart a sting and a long forgotten belonging embraces Sofia. She sighes, dont know what she should make out this feelings, this vulnerability. Her eyes laying warm on the man in front of her and her hand is petting his arm subconsciousness.

"Friends!", she nods in reassuring herself, didnt let her thoughts wander, because it had never brought her far. Hope flarring in her heart, feels like tiny claws shredding it into pieces over and over again. Don`t! I dont want my freedom, there`s no reason for living with a broken heart! - I am still fighting, fucker. I didnt gave up by now. Inside my heart is breaking, my make-up may be flaking, but my smile still stays on!

Its like a film running in front of her eyes, before she backs again into the now and here. Walking next to Tanner, ready for some adventures. "Hmmm.. nightlife, hm?", she answers with a grin, that returns into her face, trys to shake away the memories and the ghosts from the past hunting her.

"Did you ever stole a boat? These waterthingis seem to be cosy and fun with a motor. Or what do you have exactly in mind? Hopping like dancing? Never thought you would be a dancer for those modern music.", she chuckles, leans into his side, taking a deep breath before her eyes are searching for distraction.
Life is too short to listen to bad music.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 15-08-2019 15:10

Tanner’s gaze flickers over the hand petting at his arm for a millisecond, a predator’s assessing a level of familiarity he doesn’t usually tolerate and, apparently, dismissing the threat for now. He doesn’t otherwise respond except to continue leading them in the general direction of where the city lights are brighter. He’s heard New York (and Las Vegas) called ‘the city that never sleeps’, but he’s never seen them. For him, Amsterdam certainly earns that title, rivaling even London.

Of course, any city where Kindred tread never truly sleeps, either. Tanner chuckles softly when he listens to how Sofia comes up with some ideas of her own, certainly more initially reckless than his own suggestions. “I certainly do not dance,” he agrees, with a toothy smirk. “Not to modern music, in any case… I fell out of touch with that kind of thing a few decades ago.”

He shrugs, as if he could dismiss that subject with a subtle movement of his shoulders, and grins a little as another idea takes his attention. “You really are set on a boat, aren’t you? You know… I think I saw a ‘party boat’ on one of these canals. Something tells me you could charm your way on board- for both of us. Worth a look?” he asks, gaze grudgingly mischievous.