2019-07 Meet and greet

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Sofia

2019-07 Meet and greet

Post by Sofia » 23-07-2019 10:30

It has been an intresting week with looking out for a new home and investigations. The results let her wait and she never have been the most patient person in the world. She got bored, didnt wanted to go out for a musicnight. It didnt took her long to think about others distraction and one face came immediatly into her mind - Tanner.

Their last intercourse wasnt that fruitful, because of her boldness and her beeing angry at him. She felt that she pretty much annoyed him with her questions and her action, but at that point she didnt gave a shit. She had picked his number out of this emergency chat and and wrote a message to him. She is curious if he is willing to meet for a stroll.

"Good evening Tanner. Sofia here. I would like to meet you, to get to know you better and maybe talk a little about Trouble. Maybe you find the time to meet at these little, cute riverthingis you have here in Amsterdam! Many kisses Sofia"

It didnt took her long to send this to him, a grin in her face and a renewed energy shifting through her body, when she leans back, took a sip out of her wineglass and strokes the naked back of one of her puppies. "Why dont we use the time until he answeres for something world changing?", she leans forward and start to nibble at his throat, while her hands were roaming over his body. Patient? No! But distraction could be everything.
Life is too short to listen to bad music.

Charlie Tanner

Re: 2019-07 Meet and greet

Post by Charlie Tanner » 23-07-2019 11:30

Tanner had always been wary about interacting with other Kindred, outside his own direct family. Madame had made him extra cautious about dealing with Roses, in particular. Whether this had anything to do with the fact that it took him an hour to answer Sofia's message was up for debate, but he also didn't seem like the type to be glued to his phone, either. Although, as a member of the 'muscle team' who would soon be responsible for patrolling a neighborhood of Haarlem, once a new haven had been arranged for him, he was going to have to learn fast to become as phone-addicted as the average modern day youth.

Either way, for now it was good that Sofia had distraction, since Tanner apparently did as well, coincidental or not. Finally, his response pinged on her phone, displaying the absolute pinnacle of his technological prowess by including a map location in the message:

"Evening, Sofia. If you promise not to dump my body in one of those 'cute' canals, then it's a deal. <<link>>
- Tanner"

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 23-07-2019 11:52

Sofia was under the shower, when the phone gave her the hint for getting a message. She was up to round two, when Aiko told her that she got a PM and after reading it out loud, she started to jump into action. Round two passed into oblivion. She laughed wholehearted, when Aiko told her what Tanner wrote and a big fat grin was plastered on her face. She start with her programm, called hair, makeup. The dress needed to be perfect as well.

She dont wanted to admit it, but she wanted to impress Tanner. Her answer was short, but nevertheless she wanted to send it: "I am looking forward to see you. I promise not to dump your body in those cute, little waterthingis! See you soon! - Sofia"

The question what to wear gave her nearly a mental breakdown and her wardrope was spilled all over her floor afterwards. It looks like a bomb exploded in there. She couldnt have cared less, she knows that it will be clean and neat when she comes home later. Her makeup was nearly the same flambioyant as the last time they meet and she wears a little ribbon in her hair, let her look like a woman out of a 1950ths catalog with some 1980ths influences.

For her, it was quiet fast, when she arrived a itzibitzi late. Others would called it fashionable late, but she didnt care what others would say or call it. Not that she cares much about others oppinion, when it comes to her, but this was a different story to be told.

She carries a small basket at her left arm, her steps bouncing, because she felt the afterglow of her last shot just a few moments ago, when one of her puppies drop her off, near the send location. Her eyes are rooming over the place, a smile on her face, when she tries to find Tanner.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 23-07-2019 15:57

Tanner didn't reply to her message, aside from with one of those 'emoticons' Duncan had showed him, a 'thumbs-up'. He wasn't a complete barbarian.

And he was there, wasn't he? Or rather, he came walking toward her after a moment at some point; it was impossible to tell for sure whether he, too, was late, or whether he'd simply been watching and waiting somewhere at a safe, clandestine distance. Aside from the obviously more modern (or at least, less retro) elements, Tanner felt like he'd stepped into something closer to his 'home' time period, to see Sofia approaching in her 1950s dress. He couldn't complain about fashion starting to go back in time, again, these days; it gave him some rather pleasant nostalgia, for once. Tanner, for his part, was dressed as understated as usual; nothing special. Boots, jeans, t-shirt, jacket. Hair a mess, stubble unshaven. He wouldn't have looked out of place as a bartender or a ranch hand.

"Ow ya goin’‎?" he greeted her in his typical Aussie twang, bobbing his head in acknowledgement as they drew near. His gaze flickered over her, once, brow arching in questioning as he decided to test her with a teasing remark about her timing: "Ya bike break down, or sumthin'?"

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 23-07-2019 19:59

There he comes again, his steps with force, no holding back and she misses a smile. Something they need to work on, she decides for herself and him. She smiles widely, steps forward, ignores totally that she steps into his personal space and gives him the obliged kisses left, right, left on his cheek in greeting. "Hello darling! Nice you could make it! Oh, i am fine, now that you are here.", she smiles.

His next words left her grinning and inwards she shakes her head in amusement. Her eyes sparks and she let her hand roam over her body. "For some prudes it is inappropriate to flash your underwear to them, but a motorcycle is something i really could recommend. Holding tight on someone, having the rush of the speed, hair in the wind. Yes, maybe the next time we will make something like that!", she smiles and links her free arm with Tanners. "Just lets stroll for a little!"

She looks around and walks into a random direction with Tanner at her arm. "So, my dear. How have you been?", she looks up to him, more focused on him, then at her surroundings. Her body, her hand laying on his arm radiats heat.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 23-07-2019 22:59

Tanner grumbled quietly to himself as the exuberant Rose bowled him over with her personality and energy like a tidal wave. He can’t really help but take the three kisses, smirking a little at the implied compliment that he’s made her night better. She’s certainly made his more interesting, whether it will be better remains to be seen. So far, it's always been a gamble, when it comes to Roses.

But Sofia likes ‘Trouble’, as she calls him, and Duncan clearly liked her, so Tanner owed her the benefit of the doubt at least, he figured. One try.

The following whirlwind of chatter all but left his head spinning, and it didn’t escape Tanner’s notice that Sofia- by accident or on purpose- has not really answered his question with any of it. Inwardly he was already steeling himself. This was going to be a long, mentally taxing evening. Tanner preferred to be straight to the point and short with his words, which made him Sofia’s polar opposite, as far as he could tell. He got the feeling that Roses made up for their beauty and charm by enjoying the sounds of their own voices, dancing around him with their words. At least Sofia, so far, came across less arrogant than others he’d run into.

Tanner allowed Sofia to start them into a walk, although he paid close attention to where they were headed, and subtly guided them toward paths he was more comfortable with. One of them has to. “Yeah, I’m alright,” he replied, shrugging his shoulders gently and getting straight to the point like the blunt instrument he could be. “Can’t complain much. You said you wanted to talk about Dunc’. Why don’t you start by telling me how you met him. I like to hear from an outside perspective.”

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 24-07-2019 21:09

Sofia smiles, feels the moments Tanner corrects their way with some twist with his body, adjusting their way. She likes this, someone being attentive to their surroundings. She gots easily distracted sometimes and it doesnt make it better, that she concentrates so much on Tanner.

Her smile widen a little, likes this kind of blutness, this kind of restraintment Tanner is showing. He seem to be a challenge and Sofia always had been up for a good challenge. But first things come first and so she thinks a few seconds about his question. She can be serious when necessary. Nothing kindreds sees easily, because they just sees what they want to see and what they expect.

"Oh Trouble, yes! Well, i have met him a couple of years ago in England. I intend to go through the bars to find some inspiration, some musical diamonds. Most of my proteges have i found in bars, clubs or cafes. Some diamonds need to be discover at places you dont expect them to be. When i was in London i tingled through the bars, also looking for some distraction and information.

At some point i stumbled over Trouble and his brother. Both handsome young men, one charming, open, chatty and oh so cocky, as i intend to love. The other one more silent, more inwards, nevertheless a absolutly cutie and cocky. Both got into trouble and had one or more barfights. Well, i bet on them and won. We shared the money, while drinking alcohol, having fun and chatting. I flirted with them, celebrated their win or their losses, whatever it was. They were fun, handsome and something to remember.

I was quiet shocked to see him as a kindred, because their will to live at it fulliest, their attitude to dont give a shit was something i admired. And after the death of his beloved brother Trouble is different. I miss a little the flirtyness, the not being aware of problems, that come from this way of live or love. I had pretty awesome time with them, something that is seldom in our world. I didnt needed to pretend to be someone else.", she silence herself to not say more. Her tone of voice more melancholy, serious, but still the bubbliness be heard.

The street lamps makes a warm light in the darkness, lighten up the threat of what lurks in the dark. The warmth of the sun of the day still be felt in the night and Sofia sighes once more. She likes such nights.

For a moment she is busy with rethinking her, Troubles and Darrens time together in London. Most of time Troubles brother flashing through her mind with his smile, his laughter and also his kisses. She sighes, blinks a few times, before she forces a smile again into her face. "Do you like to tell me, how do you meet my Trouble?", she winks a little, to take away the edge of saying Trouble is hers. In her mind he always has been and it is difficult for her to get this out of her system that easily.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 24-07-2019 23:23

Tanner’s stiff, gruff mannerisms gradually faded to a neutral- which for him, in strange company, might as well count as relaxed- the more he listened to Sofia talking about Duncan. It was strange to hear someone talk about his Duncan, to hear a side of his boy that he had missed out on. Well, he’d seen Duncan flirting with plenty of girls while his sweet, shy brother looked on. But he’d never spoken to any of those girls, or heard another Kindred’s perspective on the man he now called Childe. It was a blast of bittersweet nostalgia, and one that made his heart ache as he thought back to the little slice of heaven they’d had back in London, just the three of them, when the lads were still mortal. How he’d wanted to keep it that way, so badly.

Tanner smirked occasionally, sometimes even chuckling dryly at particular moments in her anecdote, and at other times looking more sombre and reserved. He didn’t bother denying that Duncan had changed since his embrace, but it was less of a shock to Tanner. They both had changed. Tanner had lost a Childe he’d never even had, and it had torn him apart. He couldn’t even begin to imagine what it was like to lose brother, let alone a twin. Of course that would change a man.

It was a relief to hear Sofia speak more honestly and directly, he thought, whether that too was an act or not. It was clearly the key to getting through to him. When they both fell into silence again after her story, for the briefest of moments, it felt more companionable than before. If nothing else, they shared in their experience of mourning for Duncan’s lost light.

Tanner’s expression was unreadable when she asked him about how he’d met Trouble. It was hard not to distrust everything, these days, after the way his Sire had taught him, but such a story deserved an answer, he felt. Even if it was a cautious one.

“In a fight, of course,” he answered, finally, after a long pause, smiling faintly. “A riot, actually. London was good for those. He and his brother ‘rescued’ me from a copper. I was feeding, but it looked like a fight- one I was losing. They invited me to ‘their’ pub for a drink, after, of course. Then helped me get out of the riot to safety, poor lost foreigner that I was, they thought. Good lads at their core, even if they talked and walked rough. I was smitten, what can I say? You know how it is. Was never far from ‘em, after that... was a year or two ‘fore I told ‘em, though.”

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 25-07-2019 20:38

Sofia leans into Tanner, smiles, listens to his words. At some point she couldnt stop herself from laughing wholehearted. "Yes, this fits Trouble perfectly!" Sure it was a fight, what else would it had been? But she found out pretty soon that Trouble is way more than just a hothead with a tendency to violence and sex. Nevertheless her smile stays on her face, nodding here and there, following his words.

"A riot? Sounds awful and wonderful at once. Lifethreating for sure. Glad that you met them and came out without further problems. I like that you looked out for them, even when they didnt realised it, but you did. You cared." She pauses for a moment and nibble at her lip before she nearly blurted a question out.

"How did you do that? How did you told them? How did they reacted? I mean, how is someone supposed to say something like that? Hello, i like you and i want to make you mine and btw. i am a Vampire. Yes, i know funny, but i am really one. Stop laughing, come on. This is not that funny!", she takes a deep breath and shakes her head wondering a bit about herself. "Something like that could happen, right? I mean. You, handsome, strong and capable of some heavy stuff, but can you imagine how it is to say something like that as me? Sure i could show them what i am capable of, but where is the fun in it. And where is the truth in it?", she starts to grin a bit.

"The poor Tyler was totally unaware of my "condition"." She points the quotation marks in the air, before she continues, lays her hand back on Tanners arm. "He was aware about the supernatural things going on, but hmmm..... ." She stops in her tracks, points at a bench, not directly under a lantern, but not far from one. "Do you mind to take a seat?", looking with big blue eyes up to Tanner.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 27-07-2019 14:33

Tanner can't seem to hold back a small smile due to Sofia's enthusiastic response, which seems genuine and not mocking. She's either different from the Roses he's met, so far, or she's a very, very skilled actress. His gut says the first, and if it's the latter, well… he knows he won't be able to pare the truth away from the fiction she wishes him to perceive, so why bother. He decides to take things at face value for his own mental fortitude, foolish though it may be, and simply remain vigilant as ever. And try not to make any enemies or give anyone any reason to take advantage of him.

"Riots are a good thing. A visceral, passionate response to something terribly wrong. Sometimes it's the only way to have change," Tanner replies with conviction, a little more open with his true thoughts in return, since Sofia seems to have done him that courtesy, as well. He barely has time to mutter some humble, dismissive reply to her compliment on how he looked out for his boys before she's rambling excitedly, peppering him with questions about how he handled introducing the lads to the Masquerade and the existence of Kindred.

"H-haven't you ever made a vassal?" he stammers back in genuine surprise, seemingly too shocked to answer her questions individually or properly, without that answer. She's not wrong, it was difficult and awkward, at first, and not the first time he'd attempted such a conversation. The Ackerley brothers were simply the first time he'd succeeded. "Who's Tyler?" he echoes, a bit distracted. Her ghoul, or that Imbued kid? He can't remember, if he even ever knew.

Tanner blinks back at her, eyes even darker in the shade between lamps, the thoughtful purse of his lips all but lost in the shadows. "Sure," he says, finally, guiding them toward the bench Sofia indicated and waiting for her to sit before he joins her, a split second later, a polite, small gap between them. Old habits, like etiquette, die hard; new ones, like paranoia, reinforce them.