2019-07 Meet and greet

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Sofia

Re: 2019-07 Meet and greet

Post by Sofia » 28-07-2019 14:56

She shakes her head in denial, glad that Tanner guided her to that bench. She puts the basket next to her feet, waiting for Tanner to settle down and maybe relax a little, before she takes a breath again and start to talk. But the things he talked about changes and riots causes something inside of her to resonate. She would have loved to be part of something like that. She wants to come back to that kind of point. Does it seem to be more to it, then Tanner wants to tell. For now.

"Well, sure i did, sure i have made a vassal, a ghoul. But i left the part about the supernatural things for afterwards. I didnt gave Abraham the choice to decide actually, shame on me. Something i regret, but he had forgiven me. With him it was a special situation i think. We met regularly and well, one think leads to an other and we had a lot of fun in the beginnung of our relationship. It happened, sort of! But i never came into the embarrassment to tell someone what i am."

She makes a small pause, before she leans on Tanner without realising it. "Tyler is the nice guy who turned up at the meeting being shoot in Haarlem. I am a bit sad, no, i was a bit furious that i was forced to force him into this bloodbound. But well, safety first." She shighes and looks to Tanner.

She leans to the basket and pick out two wineglasses, winks at him. "Any preferences when it comes to taste? I have a small stock here, because i didnt knew what you like to drink.", she smiles bright.
Life is too short to listen to bad music.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 28-07-2019 16:42

Tanner shrugs a shoulder a little as he listens to Sofia's explanation; he can't really blame her. Aside from saving someone terminally ill, for instance, he hasn't really been able to think of an ethical way to ghoul someone. Telling them about the Masquerade requires joining it or death, after all, so by choosing to enlighten someone you've already chosen for them to change their life drastically, forever. It is a cruel, arrogant thing to do. Tanner admits it. He simply loved the boys too much to ever let them go, and thus he inflicted this life upon them out of his own greed.

But he doesn't say that. "I got to know them for a year or two... we were best friends, by then, before I told them. When I was sure they'd go along with it," Tanner admits, gazing into the distance at the memory. Even after all that, he had been terrified it might go wrong. It almost had. The twins hadn't been amused, and with good reason.

He arches a brow when she leans against him, and elaborates about Tyler. Ah yes, he'd guessed correctly, then. He wasn't surprised that someone had ended up binding the man, although Sofia was an interesting choice to do so, Tanner thought. "Someone had to," Tanner agrees, as if that will make Sofia feel better. "Imbued are bloody dangerous. It's all well and nice to be kind where you can, but not when it might get everyone killed. Gotta break a few eggs, as they say."

He'd been wondering about the basket, but kept being too distracted to ask; Sofia solves the mystery for him when she pulls out wine glasses. Oh right, of course. Tanner is wary about accepting a drink from someone he doesn't know, but for now he and his Beast still don't have a bad instinctive feeling about Sofia. He decides to test out her opinion of him.

"Why don't you choose for me," Tanner asks, with a hint of that more cheeky smile he gets when he's relaxed around someone; there's some kind of glimmer in his eye that suggests he's daring her. "We've gotten to know each other a little, let's see what you think I'd like."

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 28-07-2019 19:59

Sofia follows his words and in her mind she is painting a picture about the infernal three. The guys having fun, fighting, drinking until the seriousness of existence had catched up. She know how rude the awaking is, how awful the feelings of having done something so utterly wrong. Something disgusting like bonding a mortal, but it had felt so right. Could she survive to loose him? Yes! But the question is, did she want to live without him? No! So she knows where Tanner has been, because he had been at the same spot. Cruel decisions that had lead into one or an other direction.

And when it comes to Tyler, someone needed to do so. Someone needed to bond him. But still she didnt like to take away his free will, his will to decide by himself and not because he is forced through the power of blood. She sighes. "Tyler had told me about a supernatural experience he had. I told him, that this is crazy, tried to talk him out of it. And then he told me at this meeting, that he know what we are and that he had a vision about this lady of your blood, Sarah was her name i think! Yes, someone had to do it, to make sure, that our existence is safe. But it doesnt mean, that i like it!"

She snaps out of her melancholy mode when she sees the cheeky smile of Tanner. Oh she loves this kind of attitude and her mode lights up immediately. She grins and nods, leans forward and shoves some small bottles to the side, grabs one, shakes her hand and grabs another one. "Ha, there you go.", she blurts out happy. She open the bottle, take a small sniff and closes her eyes to enjoy the smell of the mortal blood. She takes one glass and poures a bit of the precious vitae in it. She closes the bottle again and dives again into the basket searching for a perfect addition to the already poured vitae.

She is doing this two more times until the glass is finally filled. She takes again a deep breath, closes her eyes and the look on her face get somehow dreamy, when she hands it over. She takes a biger bottle out of the basket and poures herself out of her bottle into her glass. She smiles happy and tells Tanner what exactly he should expect by drinking this mix.

"Well, you want me to guess what you would like. So i picked only male blood. Something strong, spicy, somehow experience, but still a hint of naivity in it. The first one is a young skateboarder, an athletic guy, who trains every free hour of his time. He has a dark secret. He was part of a raid, when one of his friends had killed a man. He is scared, but still confident enough to enjoy life. He is wearing scars on his soul, but still makes the best of it. He will turn himself in, that is something he decided in the last couple of month. He was releaved, happy and enjoyed the moments, when his blood was taken.

The second one is a passionate lover, someone who would do everything for his lover, no matter what. He is protective, sometimes a bit jealous, but nevertheless madly in love. He was in an enthusiatic moment, when this blood has been taken.

The last one gives it a bit spice. He is a hothead, a troublemaker, someone strong and foreign to this lands. He is from the east, knows his way around the laws, the rules and not always sticks to them. When necessary for his goals he manovers around it. Some rules are necessary, some are stupid and shouldnt be bend to his purpose. His blood has been taken directly after a successful fight. He is still full of natural adrenalin, testoteron and endorphins.

No drugs, nothing except for their own mortal fragrances here. So how much will you like the cocktail on a scale from 0 to 10?", she finishes her explaination, when she raises her glass in gretting before she intend to take a sip from her own glass. She raises an eyebrow curious about Tanner, if he is going to take a sip and spit it into her face or actually like it. She feels tingly and her eyes are glowing of excitment.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 29-07-2019 15:31

“Dara, I think. The Brujah from L.A.?” Tanner clarifies, absently, nodding a little as Sofia’s words confirm what he’d heard at the last gathering. He’s not sure the Rose is the best person to be keeping an eye out on the Tyler fellow, but then… he doesn’t know her well enough, perhaps. It’s getting harder and harder not to be biased and judgemental, with advancing age, he notices. Ah well, it’s little skin off his nose. He doesn’t intend to get more caught up in this Domain business than he already is, if he can help it.

He watches with increasing interest as Sofia pours vitae as though she’s an expert bartender mixing a cocktail at an upscale bar. Tanner has always preferred to feed straight at the source itself; drinking vitae second hand from a glass is something he’s only ever done in times of great need, when it was necessary to keep from frenzying, or official occasions like at Court or other Kindred gatherings. So, not much.

Tanner actually arched a brow as Sofia began explaining what has gone into the drink, granting her the privilege of reading some emotion more clearly on his face. He’s impressed, for starters, by how well she has read him- and perhaps uncomfortable with how easily read he must be, if it isn’t a special skill of hers. The corner of his mouth quirks up when she says she’s picked only male blood, giving him an expression of both surprise and amusement; it’s the only thing he could argue with out of the mix, really, but he also can’t complain. He’s just glad that he no longer suffers from involuntarily blushing cheeks anymore.

Her summary make him think of people he knows, or has known, who could have just as easily filled in those roles, those tastes, Tanner imagines. He wouldn’t have objected to feeding from them, either, and it fits that the one who holds his preference matches the description that most appeals to him, out of Sofia’s list.

He can feel her eyes on him as he lifts the glass, first to his nose for a sniff, and even though he challenged her to this, Tanner hates the attention. It makes him feel like a grandpa, irritated by youthful enthusiasm and the weight of expectations, the pressure to perform, but then… it’s not an entirely inaccurate title by this point. Tanner doesn’t draw it out; the first sniff already tells him this will be a better match than he probably could’ve mixed if he’d been trying. At the very least, it’s remarkably spot on for a relative stranger to have made.

Tanner takes a big sip, daring in his own right, and he can’t stop a slow smile from forming on his face. It lacks the thrill of holding someone in your grip, feeling their warmth and the way they go limp in your arms, the sounds they make… but the taste, well. That’s something hard to replicate in real life, that kind of mix. He hasn’t tasted anything like it before, and it is good. There’s no sense in denying it, his smile has already said as much.

“I think you’d be hard pressed to top this,” he grudgingly admits, taking another sip and savoring it for a moment before he speaks again. “But if you’re up for that challenge, well… I may be forced to invite you for a walk more often, miss Sofia.” It’s the highest praise he will give freely, and even Tanner looks a little agitated at that fact, next to his amusement.

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 29-07-2019 20:58

She nods, tries to remember the name of this Brujahlady. She will talk to her, when the time is right, trying to sort some things out. But this is for far later and this night is for tonight, for now. She smiles, when he finally drinks and the smile on his face let the seriousness of his impression melt a little, at least in her opinion. She melts into a not excisting puddle. He is good, but his smile is something else.

She can literally taste when the blood touches his sensitives taste buds and a shiver runs down her spine. She loves the feeling, when the vitae starts to rush through her system, starts to tingle every cell, wakes up her beast, brings up the best moments in her life. In most of them had been blood involved. Some dark brown eyes flashes through her mind, a ghostly touch strokes her arm, soft and warm lips kisses her neck. For a moment she totally spaces out, remember more than one face that hat meant something to her.

She shakes away those thoughts and her smile widen to a bright and happy smile, when he finally speaks. She would have made a victory pose, if he was not directly next to her and could see this, but she seem to be very pleased about herself and totally joyful about his reaction. And him calling her Miss Sofia feels like a progress. With a laughter she takes a deep sip of her own, way stronger cocktail and takes a deep breath, finally relaxing a bit more. Some tension, she didnt know was there left her body.

"Hmm... i am up for a good challenge! Maybe you need to force me indeed to invite me more often!", she grins perky. She looks down in her own glass and looks up to him as well. "I am an expert when it comes to blood, darling. You should know that. And i wouldnt go for a challenge, i dont think i could win.", she laughes and leans again against Tanner.

"Do you know,that i have been warned to not get further involved with you? I have laughed wholehearted about this and felt more pushed into your direction because of it.", she admits and wants to see his reactions for this confession. Her blood make her a bit ballsy, not sure if this is a clever move to be that kind of honest, not sure if this pushs him more away or maybe closer. Will he believe her?

She sighes inwards, hates this kind of kindred society business, this kind of carefullness, this kind of dance. She really dont look forward to talk with Madame about her ideas of Sofias involvement in the kindred business. But again this was something for later, for much later and tonight was tonight. Enjoy life, enjoy what life gives you! So her sparkling eyes laying on him, not judging, but carefull, not sure if he lashes out now and if she should take her words back, now that there are hanging in the air, clouding her mind.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 30-07-2019 13:02

Tanner notices how Sofia reacts when he drinks and lets her see his approval; he’s still wary that it’s some kind of act, but it’s an endearing attitude, nonetheless. Apparently he’s not powerless, here, and he intends to use this power sparingly; with the same care and slow pace, Tanner drinks from the cocktail she prepared for him, both savouring it and being cautious.

It almost looks like Sofia is long gone on some kind of vitae-induced high. If her cocktail is anything like his, Tanner can understand completely, but something makes him think that it’s not only that- and that makes him stay alert, and a little uneasy. He hates dancing this dance, playing this game, but he’s been raised to distrust other Kindred and has good reason to fear what they could do to him, and his Childe. Tanner thinks he could really use a friend outside of his family, but whether that will be a Rose he cannot say. His Sire has warned him about them, in no vague words... Toreador play with the value of vitae like they are cheap 17th century prostitutes.

“No?” he says, instead, echoing her insistence that she couldn’t win a challenge. “You don’t think you could top this cocktail, next time? Hmm. Shame. I’d rather like to see you try…”

Tanner can’t help but grin a little; even if he doesn’t fully trust her doesn’t mean he can’t tease in return, right? That part of the dance he likes, at least; Tanner’s always been too much of a flirt for his own good, although using it on other Kindred is far different than using it to hunt mortals.

Just like that, the charmer is gone. Although his expression doesn’t change a lot, there is ice behind his gaze now instead of warmth as Tanner grinds his teeth together in a moment of silent, brooding thought. “And who threatened you against such a thing?” he asks, looking her straight in the eye with an unbroken gaze, for once. Tanner has a suspicion that he already knows the answer, which won’t make him like receiving it any more than he already does. Although his expression has hardened, the touch of his hand on her forearm remains soft.
Tell me.

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 30-07-2019 19:24

Her smile widens and she nods. "Yeah, maybe you are right and i just meant, that i wouldnt go for a challenge, that i cant win, but this one i will definitely win.", she chuckles softly, before she turns serious again.

But the whole situation shifted after her comment and she starts to regret it. Was it a mistake? She takes a long and deep sip of her drink, her eyes laying on Tanner, trying to understand the man in front of her. He seem to get angry, maybe not because of her, but because of what she had said. Who would like to hear something like that, even so lightly spoken? She can understand him, still it feels wrong and made her feel guilty. His eyes so much colder now, his demanor different. Angry? Yes! But maybe also worried and concern about her? She is not sure, that is something she hates.

She sighes, leans her head on his shoulder, breaks the eyecontact, thinks a few moments about what to say and how to say. "A really wonderful person once said "This is a tricky situation. I`ve only got myself to blame. It`s just a simple fact of life. It can happen to any one. You win, you lose!". He was speaking about love, but this is not the point i want to make.", she makes a small pause before she continues.

"I am new in this domain, mostly pretty good to get the general vibes of someone. But this lady crawled under my skin, wanted me to do something i dont like, like attending in domainbusiness. But as much as i have understood the situation in Haarlem is there no longer a normal domainstructure and i like this. I dont want to handle this idiotic things, i dont want to attend to this kind of societyrules. Its selfish, but its what i like most.

Why do i need to join the "Team Muscles" for information, why not asking when i want to have informations? Why should i try to be sneaky, when i just can be friendly and help when it is needed? Why should the clan of the rose be better, more involved into such, when we are just three and i really dont care about this. I dont know her, i dont care for her. Markus seem to be nice, he loves music as much as i do and i think we have a common ground. But this Madamegirl?", she sighes, closes her eyes for a moment, dont want to see his judgement.

She clears her throat before she starts to speak again. "I think i dont like my clanssister. She maybe didnt say it like that, not directly, but her words were clear that she dont appreciates Team muscle, you. I dont know whats going on here. But by now you made a way better impression than she did with her demanding and arrogant demanor. I am the one you should blame, being angry at. I shouldnt have said something. You win, i loose.", she stops herself from saying more. Everything for her is said, he can decide now wether he will trust her words, her actions or not.

He can throw her under the buss called Madame or just accept her as an allie. Something she would really love to have in him as person. Everything she hears and sees from him attracts her, something that seems new to her.

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 31-07-2019 11:07

Tanner remains rigid and tense, like a statue of marble, when Sofia rests her head against his shoulder, neither pushing her away nor responding to the touch. He is keeping an iron grip on his Beast as they both inwardly seethe over the idea of someone laying ‘claim’ to him. Tanner already knows the answer, but he doesn’t want to be right. So he waits, impatiently and uncomfortably, for Sofia to spill the answer.

Which she does in her usual, rambling, roundabout way. Tanner wants to grip her by the shoulders- or the neck- and shake her senseless, to shout in her face: ‘Who told you to stay away from me? What did they say? Spit it out!’ His Beast wants to, as well. But they don’t. He doesn’t. He sits still and silent, and waits. He needs allies, not burned bridges, and for now that means enduring the Rose’s dancing way with words. If it’s who he thinks it is, perhaps Sofia is afraid to give an answer- and when she speaks of a lady getting under her skin, Tanner all but knows enough. Not a lady, a madame.

Tanner grinds his teeth together harder, trying to keep his canines from growing as his Beast all but tries to bash it’s way free through him. There is no target for you here, he tells it. Bide your time. You will have your chance. Except, he’s told it that before. Promised it would have revenge and satisfaction on whoever took Darren, and it is still waiting for that. With more difficulty than usual, he wrestles it down within himself; his fangs recede, but his skin is still pale and eyes dark from the effort. Stiffly, Tanner drains the rest of his glass in one go. It is a shame not to properly savor such a skillfully prepared cocktail, but it sates his Beast. For now.

“Look, Sofia. I don’t know if you’re just trying to butter me up, play me exactly like she is. You Roses are real good at that,” Tanner says, a hint of a growl to his voice despite his best efforts to keep it steady and calm. “Because if you’re not, then you are hopelessly naive- especially for a Rose.” He doesn’t say how much he hopes and would like for that to be the truth.
“There isn’t a reason why we shouldn’t just be fucking civilized and work together and fucking ask for help or information and just god damned cooperate!” His voice has raised to a fevered pitch by now, obviously this is something that enrages him, but Tanner wrangles his voice down to a dangerous low again, in case anyone is nearby. The liberal use of curse words betrays his passion on this subject, however.

“But that’s not how it works. We're monsters, so we should act like dicks. Who cares if someone would give you info or help for free? No! Trap them in a debt, instead. Kindred don’t have friends, silly. They don’t have allies, not really. Either you owe someone, or they owe you. You work together as long as it’s convenient to you. Try and make sure everyone owes you and not the other way around. Otherwise, they might betray you, when they end up owing someone else. You can’t trust anyone, what a ridiculous idea!”

It’s clear that Tanner doesn’t believe any of this- or rather, he does believe that’s how the Camarilla works, and he wants nothing to do with it. He can’t help it, he sets his glass down and pulls away, needing to pace, to move to shake off the disgusting feeling. Sofia’s backtracking as she tries to take the blame only makes it worse. Neither of us has to lose… he thinks, to himself. It's already a big risk, he knows, showing his true feelings to Sofia like this.

“I am not her pet, got it?! And don’t you fucking apologize for telling me the truth, if that’s what that was,” Tanner says, turning back to point at Sofia. “For fuck sake, we need more of that, without the apologies. What kind of bullshit is that? You wanna be friends? Don’t you dance around me. Why the hell would I be angry at you, unless you’re playing with me, too? I mean... more than you can’t help.”

Sofia

Post by Sofia » 31-07-2019 15:11

Slowly she counts to five, but didnt come that far, when Tanner lowers his mask and explodes. She had expected that much after his body language had changed. And there he is, a man full of fury, anger and distrust, someone who had seen too much, that he finally blunted.

Her eyes starts to glow in anger as well now, but didnt stop him in his tirade. She takes a deep breath, feels her own need to say something rise to the surfaces, but for now she let him end his rant. When he is done she finally closes her eyes for a moment, trys to calm down her temper.

So many years and still too easy to push your buttons, hm Sof? She drowns her glass as well, before she looks up again into Tanners eyes. Her blue eyes piercing, anger pouring out of every cell of her. Her movements punctuated when she puts her glass back in the basket, smoothes her skirt. "Are you done?", asking while raising an eyebrow in question, her voice hard.

But she didnt give him the opportunity to answer, before she continues. Her eyes laying on him. "To be called naive is a label i havnt heard in a long time. And believe me, i had so many labels especially men had put on me. I have been told so many things i can fill a whole libary with it. Your skirt is to short, your cleavage is too deep, your laugh too loud, sit upright, be quiet, dont talk when not asked. Women need to be seen, but not heard.

I have been told whats propriate and inpropriate, what to think, to eat, to say, when to sleep, whom to sleep with. I can tell you i am so done with this kind of labels. Society, men, church had told me several time, that i am less. And sorry, my darling, but you dont call me naive, just because i dont want to be a lonely, mistrusting bastard. Our society is like you say so, but this doesnt mean, that i live this, that i need to obey those kind of fuck up rules, that some idiotic, perverted monsters created.

Not only because it always had been like that, need it to stay like that. Women in the mortal world would have never got a right to be themself, to vote, to be self determined. I have been there, i know what i am talking about.

Yes, we are monsters. But being a mistrusting idiot, not believing anything makes you lonely. And i am done with being lonely. I have been lonely way too long, believe me.

So call me silly and naive, but stop throwing this into my face as this oppinion of mine is stupid or dumb. And stop to lump every Rose together. Or is every Brujah such an idiot as you right now? I got it, you dont like us Roses. And you say you are not her pet. Congratulation. I didnt knew she excisted just a few days ago. So dont judge me for something she did. You have abilities, check if you dont believe me.

Just once more: If I every would consider you as my puppy, you would exactly know what kind of "game" i am playing: Sex, drugs and music normally involved into this. And after hearing this makes you not my favourite choice of bringing you on a "maybe" list. So maybe i need to thank you for that!"

She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes. She shakes her head. It seems that they are fighting for the same, but his attitude against her and her blood is something she dont want to fight. She is not Don Quichote, who has endless energy for that. The feeling of a big black hole in her heart rips her nearly appart. She grabs Tanners glass and put it back into her basket. "I should go!", she says, now way calmer. "And sure i wanted to have a friend as start. Trouble is important for me, so you have been the only right choice, except for being handsome and some shell to crack!"

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 31-07-2019 23:07

Tanner makes a grandiose gesture with his hand when Sofia asks if he is done, indicating for her to go ahead and take a turn. He’s still seething, but not at her, he never was. He could rant about this all night, especially after keeping it mostly to himself when in the company of other Kindred, but that would just be a waste of unnecessary air. Besides, he was curious what it was that had got Sofia so apparently riled up.

He didn’t have to wait long to find out. Clearly he wasn’t the only one who’d been bottling up repressed aggravation for too long a time. Ah, a misunderstanding, Tanner soon realized, but he didn’t bother trying to stop her. No, this kind of thing was good for the soul, Tanner believed, and Sofia obviously had a lot to get off her chest.

He couldn’t help but watch in a bit of awe to see a Rose in such a fit of rage; it was nice. This was real. This was where the truth came out and you saw what kind of person someone was. It seemed like they were actually quite on the same page, in the end. Tanner didn’t mean to, knowing it could have the wrong effect on someone in the middle of an angry rant, but he smiled, thoroughly enjoying it. He even started to not in encouragement, eyes wide with excitement and, at her final words, he laughed. Tanner couldn’t resist, he was amused.

Then Sofia was walking away and he realized the moment to set the record straight was now. In an instant, too fast to be human, he was standing in front of her. “Mistress Sofia,” he started, holding up his hands to show that, despite the potentially aggressive way he seemed to block her path, he meant her no harm. It wasn’t meant to be a display of machismo; they were both Beasts, gender didn’t really matter- this was his way of treating her as an equal, by not pulling his punches. The glimmer in his eye remained; respect, it appeared. “Listen. Hear me out, please,” he said, offering the final word like a peace offering. “I didn’t call you naive as a man to a woman, but as one monster to another. I meant it as a compliment… You have humanity, still. I won’t ally with someone unless they are silly and naive- because I am, too.”

“I don’t give a fuck what you do with your body, your life, anything else- so long as it’s not endangering me and Trouble. Live it up, break the rules, be recklessly human. I love it. ” Tanner continued, spreading his arms wide in a theatrical pose. “And if I hate Roses, well, you know who to blame, where you should really direct your anger. Not at me.”

Tanner held out a hand, then, in a gesture of truce, like he wanted a handshake. “But you’re different. I like you. I’m not really interested in being anyone’s even-maybe-puppy. But, if you’re not convinced every Brujah is an insufferable idiot, well, I could use a friend. Preferably a hot head who can take what she dishes out.”