2019-07: The lay of the land

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Duncan Ackerley

Re: 2019-07: The lay of the land

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 14-08-2019 22:43

"Only if you don' mind-" he quickly says, not wanting to scare the other man off. He barely knows him and he's not planning on making an awkward, difficult connection with someone he needed to be working with- and dating his lover and childe.

Duncan blinks for a moment when Vid admits that he's killed Sinclair and for a moment, he can only open and close his mouth, without coming up with a smart response. "Oh-" he finally says. "That sounds... complicated." He frowns. "Sorry, didn' want to make things weird."

He pressed his lips together and thought about it for a moment, wanting to give Vid a possibility to continue about another subject when he said: "I've never really properly dated anyone. Weird right?"
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Vid

Re: 2019-07: The lay of the land

Post by Vid » 14-08-2019 22:52

It seemed he was going somewhere, saying that, the confession just needing to be voiced some day. So why to this vampire? Was it really about telling how bad this court was?

Vid shakes his head. "Forget about it.. I don't mean to burden you with complicated things." Complicated, because he himself doesn't understand it. Doesn't know how to act around his former lover anymore.

He smiles. His lips do, at least, his eyes less so. "Fleur will show you." He blinks, and the sadness is replaced with something else. A sort of happiness. And maybe, pride.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.