Planning in the dunes

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Fleur
Site Admin

Planning in the dunes

Post by Fleur » 28-10-2019 12:16

Fleur has been on edge ever since the ghost meeting. The normally so bubbly gangrel is quiet and seems trapped in her own mind. When you ask her something she almost always snaps to then apologize, smile and be her friendly self again.

The night after her time with Duncan she walks up to Vid, worry clearly seen on her face.
“We need to figure out what Kresimir is doing, Vid I really think we need to go there.
I talked with Luxuria and she can arrange a private plane”

She bites her lower lip and looks even more worried “I told Duncan about him, he wants to come. I think it would be helpfull, having Duncan there and if Tanner wants to join as well we will be with four. I know that they aren’t Dusza, but what do you think? Shall we try to meet up with them in the dunes? Ask them to help?”

Why does Kresimir have such intrest in us? Well.... me... What if this is a trap? Another could die because of my arrogance, maybe i should go alone
Everything happens for a reason

Vid

Re: Planning in the dunes

Post by Vid » 28-10-2019 17:06

He'd noticed the tension in the otherwise carefree soul by his side, but had not spoken up. Instead, he'd be there when she sighed, to kiss fretful fingers, or to support a head weighed with worry with kind kisses. Vid was never one to be nebby, trusting that she'll tell him when it's time.

The question does not come unexpected, but the plan is much further progressed than foreseen. The hint of surprise shows on his face, but also the love that means he'll support this search for her new place in the world.
"Uhm. I'm not a naturally suspicious person, but I'd rather not fly in the machine belonging to a monster. Can we drive or if needed take a normal flight?"

His arms wrap around her. It makes little sense to travel to meet another from these low lands, but sometimes the journey is the goal in itself. "Do you wish to bring them for safety, or for another reason? We can fight more freely on our own." He wonders how much she understands herself about her intentions.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 28-10-2019 20:07

"Well you said it yourself how dangerous the road can be. So i thought maybe strength in numbers?"
She looks at the phone she is holding in her hands. A neath message ready to send to Duncan, asking him & Tanner to meet up to discuss this plan.

"I don't know if we need to fight him, maybe not yet i mean."

Will every year be like this from now on? A moment of peace followed by fear and worry?

"I thought to begin by asking them, you can explain better then i can how dangerous this all could be"

Vid

Post by Vid » 28-10-2019 20:43

He pulls her close, a bit too snug to be comfortable. "I meant fighting on the road. He released those poor damned beings, so unless he creates new ones, I see no urgency to go head to head." She's not ready. And if they ignore the veiled threat the man posed to her mother, the monster might find them naive, or trusting, or both. Same for visiting him...

"I can try to explain," he answers in broken English, before allowing them both to breathe again, and planting a tender kiss on her temple.
Last edited by Vid on 28-10-2019 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 28-10-2019 21:10

Fleur wants to say she can't breath this way, but it doesn't matter really now does it. So she leans into his tight hug, safe and breathtaking.
The kiss makes her smile, one that truely reaches her eyes.

Duncan his phone beeps as the message comes in

Hey Duncan, hope you are doing well. If you have time, do you and Tanner want to meet up in the dunes of Haarlem? I have had contact with the assisatant of the man i told you about.
I am planning on going and would love for you to be there as well.
xxx Fleur

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 29-10-2019 09:49

Back home, Duncan doesn't really know what to do when he reads the message. Tanner undoubtedly notices, even if he's sitting at his desk working on some things, how the younger man tenses up after he had picked up his phone. It's Fleur's thing. It's not up to me who she takes along. It- it shouldn't be an issue. Not every Tzimisce can just notice stuff like that, right?

After a few long moments where Duncan looks back and forth between the phone and Tanner, eyes a little more wide than usual as if he's worried, or shocked, he swallows hard and finally says, trying to make his voice sound steady: "Oi, Tanner, Fleur wants to meet us in the dunes. Y'go' time to go now?"
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 29-10-2019 09:59

Even before he looks, Tanner feels tension building in the air behind him as he works, after he hears Duncan pick up his phone. Normally, he wouldn't immediately drop his work at such a reaction, giving the younger man the time to bring it up himself- and dreading it might be something about Madame again- but this time his curiosity is piqued. Duncan doesn't seem to exchange messages with that many people on his phone, and when he does he's usually not more tense from it.

When Duncan tells him who the message is from, Tanner is hardly surprised. Except for one thing. "Us?" he repeats, as if looking for confirmation that this was Fleur's request and not Duncan's. His surprise is clear enough; it's not that Tanner things he's made such a terrible impression on Fleur, but this is certainly new and unexpected. If Vid isn't there, then he'll be really surprised... and even more uncomfortable with the mystery.

"I got time, yeah," he answers, already shoving his notes away to make it clear he'll join despite the unease apparent on his face. "But... did she say what for?"

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 29-10-2019 10:22

Duncan's discomfort doesn't really make it any easier for Tanner to relax under the weight of mystery, presumably. So he decides that it's important to tell a little more so he can at least know what he's gonna get into. "Fleur's human mum is working together with an apparen'ly really old... Tzimisce. She doesn' know he is, though." It's the first time he's even uttered that word around the other man and it makes him feel incredibly uncomfortable, especially knowing how Tanner is about Sabbat. "She wants to visit 'im, because he's invited her. But I told her that if she wants me to join, I would- even if I don' like it a'all. Apparently she also wants to ask you..."

He already stands up and puts on his shoes and jacket before he even gives Tanner the chance to react, feeling all of the sudden incredibly restless. He isn't looking forward to sit in the bus and train with Tanner to get to the dunes with how he's feeling right now, but it'll have to do. "So feel like hearing 'er out?"
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 29-10-2019 10:51

Tanner has never hidden his feelings about the Sabbat. Granted, they are very new. Before they stole away the thing most precious to him, he hadn't really cared about them all that much other than that they inconvenienced his dear Sire, apparently. Now, they were communally on the blackest of shit lists. Still, the fact that he'd chosen to try and rehabilitate the pack of Sabbat 'pups' rather than outright murdering them spoke volumes for his being a reasonable man.

In this case, however, this didn't sound like a misguided pup. And Tanner doesn't make things better by eagerly putting on his shoes and jacket as Duncan explains the details to him. He's distantly a little sad to not have heard anything about this before, but he supposes it's none of his business- and he's sure Duncan was respecting Fleur's privacy rather than keeping it from him on purpose for any other reason.

"Well, that sounds like a stupid idea," he remarks when Duncan says that Fleur wants to visit the Tzimisce, although it's clear he doesn't mean it harshly- since he is hypocritically also gearing up to do the same. He's rather fond of stupid ideas, sometimes. "To go without 'Team Muscle', that is."

"It's the least we can do," he agrees with a hint of a cheeky smile, at the unnecessary question about whether he'll hear her out. Sensing Duncan's discomfort, he claps the man in a companionable, brotherly way on the shoulder and pulls him along in that one-armed embrace out the door and in the direction of the bus. "C'mon, relax, it'll be fine. You get to see your girl, and maybe we get to kick someone's ass. Better than sitting cooped up in here doing paperwork..."

Vid

Post by Vid » 01-11-2019 14:54

The weather has taken a turn for the worse, and Vid can be quite vociferous about disliking cold or rain. But it's not far from the van to the bunker, and once there he practices bravery to light the has heater, quickly shutting the window on the old-fashioned metal monster, causing the dry, underground area to quickly take on a more human atmosphere. Shaking up one of the large pillows, he hands one to Fleur first before sitting down himself.

"Should we bring in more things, for how often we bring guests here? Maybe tapestries for on the walls..?"