Planning in the dunes

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Fleur
Site Admin

Re: Planning in the dunes

Post by Fleur » 01-11-2019 23:05

"Tapestries? Aren't you afraid they will get all wet and become really dirty?" Fleur is sitting in her favoriete corner, a nice warm brown blanket is draped over her legs as she pulls her black hat further over her curly hair.

"Did you already show them this place? I hope they can find it in the rain..."

Fleur is nerveus, she doesnt know if her plan is a good one or that maybe she should just forget all about it...
Everything happens for a reason

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 04-11-2019 09:01

There's a knock on the huge bunker door a couple of minutes later, which signals the arrival of their guests.
Duncan's looking quite miserable with the collar of his leather jacket standig up and his hair a mess due to the wind and rain, shoulders almost to his ears in an apparent dislike to the weather; even if he can't get cold anymore, doesn't mean he appreciates showers like that day is bringing them from the sky. He steps in immediately after the door is opened and looks over his shoulder to see if Tanner is following him in.
"Oi, Fleur, Vid," he says as the door is being closed behind him, wiping his wet hair out of his face. He looks quite uncomfortable, be it the weather or something else and doesn't seem like he's going to relax anytime soon.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 04-11-2019 13:56

"A fucking bunker...?" Tanner remarks, seeing where Duncan has brought them, words largely lost on the wind. His rain-drenched scowl is not, however, as he is let inside. To be fair, it's a pretty damn good choice of hide-out, he can't argue with that, but it doesn't exactly put him at ease to be in such a place. Then again, if he ignores the memories that come for him at every night, it is the perfect place to get in the kind of mindset for setting out on a dangerous mission. To remember what it felt like to be a soldier-boy, and prepare for any surprises that might be waiting them... not limited to a potential fight with a Sabbat.

It's not like Tanner's exactly been the picture of calm lately, either, in any case. Of course, for those who don't know him better, they might think he's always like that. It would fit the typical image of a Brujah, after all. But that is an entirely different issue.

"Hey kids," Tanner greets them as they are granted reprieve from the rain, with an attempt at his old casualness. "Cavalry's here. 'ow ya's going?"

Vid

Post by Vid » 04-11-2019 18:42

Vid sees the lines in both of their faces, so he rises to greet the wet packages to ease some of their misery.

"C'mere, you fossil," that's Tanner.

"Hey you, rebel," that's Duncan.

Then he fluffs two pillows readied near the heater, an obvious welcome to warm up, and ease up.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 05-11-2019 01:16

The knock on the door almost makes her jump up, caught in her own thoughts she really hadn't expected them already here.

They look like two wet cats, not happy at all and slightly cranky. Strangly enough, that completly human reaction to getting wet and cold makes her smile.

Yes these are the two new men in her life that will make a diffrence. Those cards had a point.

Fleur gets up from her warm and cozy spot and walks straight to Duncan "Hey Starlord" she whispers before kissing him. Then she smiles at Tanner and bites her lip when Vid calls him a fossil.

"Thanks for coming, I can really use your knowledge and insight on this whole thing and maybe even your help, if you all want to ofcourse"

"Shall we all sit down close to the heater?"
It is clear that Fleur is very nervous, she cant stop playing with her bracelet and she keeps moving the curl out of her face.

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 05-11-2019 10:12

Duncan's gaze switches back and forth between Vid, Tanner and Fleur at their greetings, slowly shaking his head at the ones that are used. He sure as hell knows Tanner isn't a fossil, compared to what struts around his Sire now and again, but he can hear it's a friendly nickname and he sort of appreciates the casual approach Vid has to it.

He pulls a somewhat akward face as Fleur approaches him and whispers their more 'private' greeting. He can't help but smile a little and feel happiness swell in his chest- he doesn't know why but the makes him feel special, no matter how silly (and inaccurate, in his opinion) the nickname. "Hey beautiful," he murmurs after he kisses her in return.

"Sounds fuckin' amazing," he comments on the proposal of letting his drenched clothes dry up near a heater. He continues into the space and finds the source of warmth, where Vid is fluffing up the pillows. He sits down and stretches out his legs, expressing himself in an exasperated sigh as he looks up at Fleur, who's still standing and plucking at the bracelet around her wrist. It's not hard to figure out why she's nervous, so he just remains silent and waits for someone else to talk.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 05-11-2019 14:15

Tanner doesn't seem to take offense to being called a 'fossil'; he would've been more disappointing not to get called anything at all, after starting them off with the dig of 'kids'. He just huffs quietly in amusement, pulling a face like he's been wounded, and then grins when he hears Vid call his boy a 'rebel'. That was certainly true.

"Hey, luv," Tanner greets Fleur more directly, when she moves closer to kiss Duncan, smiling a little at the sight. He gives Vid a brotherly clap on the arm in greeting, as he passes.

"Please," he echoes Duncan a bit more politely in his enthusiasm to sit next to the heater. Even if he doesn't suffer from the cold anymore, the sensation of wet clothes is still gross- especially for an Aussie- and there's definitely some pleasant nostalgia tied to that kind of thing, drying and warming up around a heater with friends.

After hanging up his jacket nearby, Tanner takes a seat on a pillow close to the heat and spreads his hands wide in an invitation, smiling enigmatically at the Gangrel pair before his gaze settles on Fleur for starters. "So. Why don't you pretend like I know nothin' and tell me how we can help?" he says, cutting to the chase. Some mischievous glint in his eyes suggests that pretending he's clueless isn't hugely far from the truth, and would appreciate the fact being remedied.

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 07-11-2019 14:39

Fleur looks at Vid for a moment, telling to much can be dangerous, telling to little even so...

Her gazes turns back to Tanner & Duncan
“Well... I think it is almost two years ago that we met a vampire called Kresimir. He is a Tzimitshi and seems to have taken an intrest in both Vid & me”

How much back story will they need... not that much right?
“Vid & I visited his house once and that was quite diffrent..., Kresimir is a polite host and seems very friendly but he knows so much. He seems to be a information point for the Sabbat, but isn't truely part of it.

Now he has contacted again and invited me to come and visit him. I am not sure if that is a good idea to go there, but I am afraid that if i decline he will feel humiliated and might turn against us. If he is truely that good at getting information maybe he can help us, instead of the Sabbat.

I already asked if it was okay for me to bring friends and he agreed, or well... his assistant Luxuria agreed to that question”

Fleur breathes in deep, normaly it is easy to come up with a plan and do things. But she always did everything alone. This is a whole diffrent thing. A small light bulb turns on, almost forgot to tell them “Oh and he is in contact with my mother. She is actually staying in his mansion right now”

Vid

Post by Vid » 08-11-2019 16:20

Vid's there to support, but Fleur keeps fluttering at the edge of their gathering. He gets up to capture his butterfly, arms around her waist long enough for a kiss to land on her cheek. "Join us by the fire, čerhanja," his warm breath whispers into her ear.

Once there are questions, he can try to match their few answers.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 11-11-2019 10:03

He listens silently as Fleur explains the situation and nods gently when she seems to be finished talking. There isn't much he doesn't know yet, but now at least Tanner also understands the complexity of the situation- well, at least part of it.
"So any idea why 'e's taking interest in you?" he asked, both to Fleur and Vid, as he rubs his hand through his hair to try and dry it a little bit, annoyed by the water dripping down his neck.