Planning in the dunes

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Vid

Re: Planning in the dunes

Post by Vid » 24-11-2019 23:17

He nods at the words, but mostly reads her body language. She's tensing up... They're each sitting on their own pillow, little islands in a stone sea. He's always played the fool, and he loves her dearly, so it's easy to roll down onto his back and into her lap, all catlike, to smile up at her at the end of her story.

You're sharing the facts, love, not how you feel, he thinks at her. Here you're safe.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 26-11-2019 12:32

He doesn't like the feeling she gives off when she closes off like that. He's never seen it before. It annoys him too, because it feels like she is defending this Tzimisce guy. Like the is more important than they are. Probably is, in his line of work. But he shouldn't be for her. Maybe this is about her mother after all and she just has a hard time to admit it.

When Vid drapes himself over her lap, his frowns grows deeper and he feels himself tense up. Vid, ever supporting and loving, no matter how idiotic her plans are. Somewhere, he wants to do the same for her. But he can't. He doesn't want to encourage something that could potentially drive her to her final death. He can't. So instead, he twists his head away abruptly and stares into the fire, remaining silent as he ponders over his own thoughts and feelings. Rather shutting up than wanting to be a bother.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Charlie Tanner

Post by Charlie Tanner » 05-12-2019 19:07

Tanner can see how everyone's emotions are running high, and just as clearly he sees that this isn't something they're going to resolve here and now. Not like this. But the fucked up rescue mission seems like a more pressing priority, time sensitive, so talking about their emotions will have to wait. So long as they can all function as a cohesive team, still...

"Look, I think it's pretty clear what everyone wants and how they feel. We can work out the nuances later. But am I in there clear if I summarize by saying you can do or try whatever you want to achieve, and we'll just focus on making sure we all get out of there alive?" Tanner says, obviously meaning his Childe and himself with 'we'. "So when do you want to do this?"