Mole hunt

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Valerie Wilkinson

Re: Mole hunt

Post by Valerie Wilkinson » 09-12-2019 09:35

Valerie looks up, with a non-understanding look on her face
"I also do have a question. Why go look for a mole on my address? I have never been attending the last event. I mean~ I wouldn't have gone by unnoticed... Yet I am put to the test too, without anyone actually knowing me..."
She had only been on a party where kine could also wander in. What proved her from not being that?
Who dares to love forever, when love must die? -Brian May 1986
Death may not be the end.

Vid

Post by Vid » 10-12-2019 22:54

[Summary, because time. Please note that in this I'm a player, not ST. ;)]

Vid will listen and support, but if needed, he will explain the following: each location was warded to limit the risks. He is very happy Tanner came up with the brilliant plan to have a mole hunt, and glad Johan wanted to act on it, because he believes we should not be distrusting each other, but banding together against our common enemies. He's grateful so many showed up, with some actually supporting from the shadows, and is confident that there is no one among us now who works for the inquisition.
I'm dead but smiling, an honour-bound betrayer and a cruel Samaritan. I feel old though I am young.

Selma

Post by Selma » 11-12-2019 18:15

Selma does not look happy, but stands up and speaks up anyway. “Fine, but, tell me this. How does any of this earn anyone such trust? Were those invisible... wards or whatever... also capable of detecting, what, inquisition-ness?”

“Many people here are new or have - for various reasons - incomplete information. Since we are now apparantly all on the same side, could there be some sharing of information? Any actual proof of anything? Or... or a plan? Sitting and waiting won’t make us safe.” She ends with a near-snarl, clearly at the end of her patience.

Johan

Post by Johan » 11-12-2019 22:40

Hearing all the question it all makes sense. They have told them not enough. He clears his troth
"So yes. Security measures. All locations were warded, so that we'd be warned of anytime with hostile intent versus vampires approached. Besides that, on all locations there were members of Walter's security guard stationed (with guns, as lookout).
I hopes this clears that part up."

As he looks around towards the group.
“It is always hard to see the complete plan when you are not part of the planning. But may I all remind you.
You all decided to stay behind and find the mole. You all decided to bring Haarlem back to safety, our home and our place we have all been coming together.
Yes I understand that you feel like you have been used. But I personally would have given my life for every single one of you. I will protect you. That is the trust I, Tanner and Vid have in all of you.
We hoped with all our hearts that there would be nothing to do, just us explaining this. And to be fair, it is almost a relief that we haven’t found out anyone.
Yes the mole could be a master of tricks and we could have given that person some insight. But we have also shown how much of a group we are. And I know that I don't know all of you as well as I should. I know that but still, all of us
are here."
He sighs, but then smiles again.
"Look around you! You have all shown up, there are still several people outside, guarding us right now because they don’t want to take the risk of losing you"
As his smile disapears and his face becomes more focused.
"The Prince wants blood, he wants results. This may not be the results he wants but this buys us time, and shows that we do take initiative"
I am Groot

Walter Ewouts

Post by Walter Ewouts » 11-12-2019 23:10

"When I lend you my security force in good faith, this was not exactly what I had in mind for them Johan"Walter said with a stern look pointed at Groot.

Duncan Ackerley

Post by Duncan Ackerley » 11-12-2019 23:13

A frown appears on his face. Whatever goal this plan had, whatever purpose Johan's speech serves, no matter how much he can understand the meaning behind it, his expression turns more sour by the sentence.

"I don' fuckin' care abou' what the Prince wants," he blurts out before he thought about it good and well. But he seems in a mindset where he doesn't really care about being politically correct, if he ever was. "How 'bout, now you all trust us, we make a plan together next time instead of leaving three people to do the job, huh? If you would've known us be'er you'd know age or title or rank or anything like that doesn' fockin' matter when it comes to working out a plan. And you knew us, you'd know that some of us 'ave the skill to actually do somethin'."

Duncan doesn't have a good poker face, so for people who pay attention it's visible that it comes from a good place. He just doesn't know very well how to handle himself in a situation like this, with a group witnessing it. Let alone express his emotions openly- he wouldn't.

He zips up his leather jacket and puts on his hoodie with rough gestures before he says. "If you need the young or new people to help how 'bout you le' us know next time instead of setting up this a trap or whatever it is without us. Maybe we'll actually find a mole, if that's wha' i' is."

Finding that he's already said too much, he turns away from the gathered crowd and heads out of the door, disappearing into the city.
Last edited by Duncan Ackerley on 11-12-2019 23:45, edited 4 times in total.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me, sunshine. Inside, I'm someone nobody wants to fuck with. Do you understand?"

Fleur
Site Admin

Post by Fleur » 11-12-2019 23:20

"Duncan, wait!" Fleur gets up quickly and looks at the three men
"Thank you Johan, Tanner, Vid. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

Then she follows Duncan into the city.
Everything happens for a reason

Madame

Post by Madame » 12-12-2019 06:52

Madame listened intently to both Johan and the group before nodding calmly. What ever she decided, she left behind a properly constructed mask of a polite smile. "Very well."
She nodded and got up "if you will excuse me." With those words she got up, inclined her head to those present and made her way to the door.
Oh Darling...

Walter Ewouts

Post by Walter Ewouts » 12-12-2019 20:52

Walter gets up from his chair, looks at Vid, Groot and Tanner "I will let things sink in before reacting further, Tanner...you might want to talk to your spirited friend before he does something rash, goodnight.
And he walk out the door,asking Madame if she will be needing a lift somewhere.

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » 13-12-2019 10:56

Emilia listens closely to the statements of how and why. She looks at the others as they are leaving one by one.

She gets up to and walks towards the three defendants. When she speaks it is in a polite manner. "I appreciate your explanation. It is good to know that this group is prepared to stand together. I don't think that this will quickly be forgotten." She looks at the door, doubting to go. Instead she looks at Johan. "What is the plan now?"