2019-11: Haloween Afterparty

Roleplay scenes copied to website. Read them there, under 'Downtime Writing' per event.
Nienke

2019-11: Haloween Afterparty

Post by Nienke » 16-11-2019 23:36

The moment Nina saw that Tanner and Madame were busy fussing over someone whom just died, she decided it was time to leave. She quickly grabbed her belongings and left as swiftly and silently as possible. It was hard for her to leave Madame without saying anything, but the pull to someone else was even stronger.
The moment Nina stepped outside she took a deep breath, and straightened a bit, dropping the pretend of being drunk and then quickly walked towards the nearest Train station, at first, making sure Madame and Tanner and no one of their little spies and Allies followed her. When she was sure about that she stopped looking.
She got on the first train towards Amsterdam

Kirsten

Re: 2019-11: Haloween Afterparty

Post by Kirsten » 16-11-2019 23:59

Is it a smart idea to follow miss Fallen Angel? Definitely not, but Emilia did it nonetheless.
What else could she have done after what happened that night? The arrival of someone living to the party was as a godsend and her ideas on how to party were extremely welcome among all dull kindred, according to Emilia. And the fallen angel had tasted so good, that she couldn't bear to see Madam take advantage of her. She tried to step in, only to fall deeper in the enigma that surrounded the girl. Emilia's curiosity was sparked during a brief conversation and the spark lit a flame when she saw Angel sneaking off.
First Emilia looks around if anyone else noticed, but all seemed busy with the deceased, so she saw her chance and got out. The hallway was empty and Emilia makes haste not to lose her target. Before going out the door she focusses, as to reach a useful state. Now she would be sure that luck was on her side and that all she would pass would not notice her. Over the years she has become better in using the urban surrounding to her advantage, especially when it comes to not drawing attention while being on the move. It also came in pretty handy when you wanted to avoid having to pay for public transportation.
It is not hard to keep track of the Fallen Angel. She might have taken off her halo, but the rest of the costume still stands out within a normal society. Emilia makes sure to stay about five meter away from the girl and when she gets the train to Amsterdam, Emilia manages to hop in the train too.

Nienke

Post by Nienke » 17-11-2019 00:15

As Nina sits in the train she takes out her Lenses and grabs a book and pencil out of her purse. She starts to write everything down she can remember, even the stupid attempt to make her only remember the fun things of the party, such an stupid attempt that was. Nina snickers and keeps writing. She writes down whom Tanner was spotted with, and whom she thinks they can trust. But one problem, she couldn't quite remember everyone their names, so she hoped descriptions of how everyone looked like is good enough... Biting the end of the pencil she stares out of the window. She can't fail her, she won't, It is too important. She quickly glances towards her legs, shakes her head and starts to write again.

After a little while she puts the notes back in her purse, and when arriving in Amsterdam she grabs the Bus towards the industrial area. She gets out and leaves to the more... Remote part. She quickly looks around before getting into one of the buildings. It looks completely abandoned, but she knows deep down that she is here, and she wants to see her again, please her with the information she gathered.

She walks to the middle of the room and waits, she is restless and smiling like a goof, just really wanting to see her again.

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » 17-11-2019 12:42

It is tempting to come closer and look at what Nina is writing, but it was too much of a risk to come that close. There are other individuals in the train, but Emilia is pretty sure that no-one has noticed her so far. Slowly she comes closer, making sure not to draw attention with every move, until she is seated in the seat behind Nina, occasionally trying to get a glimpse of what she is writing. And even if Nina should look back, there was a chance she might not even recognise Emilia, since she had changed into her normal attire.

With every stop the train passes the anticipation of getting off rises. After they passed the central station Emilia sees Nina standing up and so does she.
Emilia is used to wandering around industrial areas. It is often a place where secret underground parties are given and where other exciting stuff happens. She has however never been to the industrial part of Amsterdam, so she tries to take in as much as she can while following the fallen angel. Emilia has to be more careful now, since there is not much that could distract her target apart from the occasional cars driving by. She wonders if it is really safe here that Angel does not seem to be scared of getting mugged in this remote place, or that she thinks that she has no reason to be afraid. Oh well, if someone were to attack her now Emilia would be there to help.

Of course Nina has to walk into a seemingly abandoned building. All the fun stuff happens in seemingly abandoned buildings. Emilia hesitates to go inside, but the windows are too high to just look through. She either has to follow the girl, or take time to climb up a thing to look inside, but then she can't go inside any more. She decides quickly and slips right trough the door, entering a completely abandoned room. She stays close to the walls and hides herself behind some old factory equipment, while keeping an eye on the extremely cheerful girl.

Now the most boring part began, the waiting.

Vid

Post by Vid » 25-11-2019 20:58

She's never been one to communicate using cell phones. Such a fragile concept, identity encapsuled in wires and signals. No, there are enough signals that tell her a new message has arrived.

When Nina walks into the building, it seems empty. Abandoned. It's mostly dark except for the moon shining in through high broken windows. And cold. The autumn air is chilly, and the walls of stone and metal do little to keep the cold out. If not, the homeless would have taken shelter here, but even they have chosen to stay away. Only a little field mouse comes close to the unmoving Emilia, but flees as soon as she proves to be more than a statue.

There's no dramatic shift in temperature or lighting, but still Nina can feel that she is here. There's an invisible electricity that captures the breath on her tongue, and tells her to turn around. And there she is. White hair short now, fashionable over a new purple coat, and eyes focused on those of her minion. One slender hand extends itself to test the elegant cheekbone in Nina's face: gentle, but a very simple reminder of their mutual benefit. Two eyebrows raised shortly indicate it's time for Nina to uphold her part of the exchange.

Nienke

Post by Nienke » 25-11-2019 21:52

I lean into her hand and close my eyes for a second, to capture her touch. Then she quickly opens her eyes again to keep looking into her beautiful stare. She just can't believe this beautiful woman saved her, and not only that, also healed her, she couldn't be more thankful.

The moment her eyebrows raises shortly Nina knows she has to give her the information she has gathered. She grabs her notebook and opens it. Coughing a bit nervously she starts to talk;

''I found out some things, so I will just sum them up. Tanner has a new follower, they were together almost the whole evening, his name is Cassius, and definitely a vampire. His follower accidentally told me Tanner used to fight in a war. Later that evening I tried to guess Tanner his favorite music and went for the 1950's, to get a reaction out of him. He immediately became really nervous, so I am guessing he fought in the second world war. Not long after I guessed that Madame, an ally of Tanner, came to me, he went to her apparently.... She tried to have me in her command in the end of the evening, but I will always stay true to you'' Nina smiles and looks up into her beautiful eyes. ''Tanner also made an business deal with the wolf, also known as Johan I believe.''
I nod and look down for my next note. ''I also found out that Tanner is here in Haarlem to help young people, that is what he told me. Not sure what that means'' I blush and fiddle a bit with my fingers. ''Madame has close ties with a lot of people in the group, Elisabeth was with her when Madame tried to... make me follow her.'' I look up into her eyes again, drowning in them.

''And one more thing, someone named Cyrus tried to mind control me, making me want to remember only the good things of the evening. He was accompanied by Youri, but I am not sure this was Tanner or Madame their doing.''

This was all the information Nina has written down, she is hoping so badly she didn't forget anything important. She stares hopefully into her eyes, hoping it was good enough and didn't let her down, she wouldn't want that, she rather dies there and then if that is the case.

Vid

Post by Vid » 25-11-2019 22:44

There are two phases Nina has seen to the heavenly body that is her sponsor: ephemeral or terrifying. So when her first words evoke a near human grimace, the revelation of a third phase is near shocking. Could she know this Cassius?

Leaning into her touch, Nina felt the tingle of that mysterious magic of hers, spurring her on to try even harder.

The enigma nods to the mention of Madame. There's no way that other woman could ever steal Nina's heart, it seems now. Any doubt is erased.
"It must have been hard," comes her fascinatingly accented voice at last, "to resist that man. You must be exhausted... But focus a little longer, and tell me what you remember about the business deal, and what this Johan and Cyrus look like, and what the relationship with this Madame is... Then you may tell me whether you want blood or beauty."

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » 25-11-2019 23:41

Emilia freezes when the mouse is near and especially when it runs away from her. All unknown risk factors and known risks keep on stacking in her mind. This vampire that she couldn't see yet, might already be in the room, just like her, but Emilia's attention is drawn to the girl and the short haired woman. Emilia has missed where she came from, so the possibility of her being able to hide was still a thing. On the other hand could the mouse also have belonged to her, so maybe the woman already knew she was there. Or she could also know because of... well there were plenty of ways how the woman would be able to know hew presence and Emilia couldn't stop loving to hate it.

Even lovelier is the information that the fallen angel and her benefactor are spilling. Every moment she curiously waits for the information of the next and every moment the possibility of an increased risk is getting bigger. The boringness of the waiting has made a 180, because now Emilia doesn't want stop. Though Emilia barely does a thing, if anything she tries to move as little as possible, but all that is happening is interesting now. Even the voice of the woman is intriguing. It sounds like she tries to do a similar trick with English as Emilia tries to do, mimic mother tongue, but something is just off. Emilia hopes to hear the rest of the conversation to be able to put a finger on what it is precisely, as well as to hear about this woman and her relation to Tanner, the deal between Johan and Cyrus and the strange question of blood or beauty.

Then Emilia remembers that she had left her phone-number on the angels arm, but she can't remember if she put her phone on the silence mode or on the standard vibrating mode. It would have been the smart thing to do, but that doesn't mean that Emilia has done it. She vaguely remembers using her phone during the party or directly after it, but it's blurry if that was to turn on the silence mode. She doesn't even know if that vague memory was something that really happened or something her brain came up with to reassure her. The thing she does know is that it is too late now to change it. turning on the screen of her phone will light up her hiding spot like a beacon and that will not work in her favour, so she keeps her phone where it is, just recognizes this extra potential risk and that the risks are accumulating.

Nienke

Post by Nienke » 26-11-2019 00:09

Nina nods a bit at the suggestion that she is tired, because she is. It has been a long evening with many events. So the moment she asks her what Nina remembered about the business deal she frowns. She actually doesn't remember much at the moment, so she tells her truthfully;
''I don't remember much about the business deal, only that they needed Madame for it.'' Nina looks down shamefully, thinking she let her down. ''I am sorry, I didn't mean to forget, but Cyrus came up to me right after, so I couldn't write it down.'' Nina swallows and gently puts her hand over the hand that is laying on her cheek, capturing the mysterious tingle of magic.

''But I do remember vividly how Johan and Cyrus look like.'' Nina smiles and looks back up, ''Johan was dressed up as the wolf, someone else was Red Riding hood. He is shorter then most, has glasses, almost no hair and is build bigger then most.'' Nina explains, then she moves on to Cyrus. ''Cyrus was just in a suit, He has longer brown hair and a beard. He also is build bigger then most, and his bodyguard was quite a bit taller then he was.'' Nina snickers how ironic that is, but quickly looks serious again.

''As for their relationships with Madame, everyone seemed to like her, well maybe not like her, but respect her as someone higher up the chain. Someone whom has a lot of knowledge and power. I think they have ties to her, business wise, but I am not sure.'' Nina bites er lip thoughtfully ''But I do know a person whom could help out with this. Red riding hood, the one I mentioned before, she isn't allies with Madame, I think they don't trust one another. Because of this I got close to her, in the end I got her phone number'' I show her my arm with the number on it. ''She thinks I am her friend, so perhaps I can ask her about it over the phone.'' Nina smiles to her, hoping she is happy with her answers.

When the question comes if Nina wants blood or beauty she frowns and thinks really hard. She wants her blood so badly, but the thought of beauty again is also very appealing. But the blood she had before gave a sour and weird taste in her mouth and she didn't like it. She craves her blood even more because of that. So her contemplating stops and she licks her lips ''and if I may taste you again, I would forever be grateful'' she looks up at her with adoring eyes

Vid

Post by Vid » 26-11-2019 07:38

She listens to Nina, and the full weight of her attention is just so.. exhilarating. So her mind was affected, no matter how hard the girl had tried, blue eyes observe. For the moment, the other's allowed to capture the hand, but when a number is mentioned, the captive soon becomes the captor as Nina's hand is turned over to read the little scribbles. She nods, indicating that the angel has served well.

What comes next is a tiny piece of magic. The hand is now extended before Nina, elegant and slim, yet still strong, she knows. The skin divides, allowing a fount to well into the cupped hand. Will the angel stand, and not unlike a cat lick a few drops, or will she kneel and upend the cup, taking any and all offered?

It's when the angel is enjoying her feast, and the opportunity might be best for peeping girls to leave, that the siren lure calls out, familiar words with a foreign taste, "do you want to join us, fairytale girl?" There's power behind the words that suggest she wants just that, but also a threat in the tone, that disobedience might not be wise...